Evansville is home to an important battleship from World War II, the LST 325, the last remaining fully functioning LST in the country. During June and July of 1944, the LST 325 made 44 trips between France and England carrying ammunition and supplies to the mainland while also carrying back the wounded. The LST 325 also played a vital role during the D-Day landings. During WWII, Evansville produced over 150 LST’s and became the largest inland facility that manufactured LSTs in the world.
The LST 325 finally made it’s big move up the Ohio River to it’s new home. Part of the move was creating a new Visitor’s Center and enhancing the dock to accommodate the LST 325. Our Structural Steel Division fabricated structural steel, joist, and deck for the Visitor’s Center while also fabricating ramps and reinforcement steel for the vehicle bridge. We are proud to play a part in giving this living monument its proper home.